Oscar Maia is a Communication Designer and Art Director based in the city of Porto, Portugal. Since 2008 he’s been actively working on great projects alongside wonderful and talented people. Until 2014 he was part of former Atelier Martino&Jaña’s core team. From there up to 2017, he collaborated as Senior Designer with multidisciplinary award-winning White Studio.Specialised in developing creative strategies applied in print, editorial, branding, and web design projects, today he works on a freelance basis with a wide range of clients dedicated to the cultural and commercial fields.His work is recognized as being aesthetically simple and bold, with a steady balance between great attention to detail, typography and composition.
• Oscar MaiaCommunication Design & Art DirectionJune 2017 – Current
• White Studio (Studio Eduardo Aires)Senior Graphic DesignerOctober 2014 – May 2017
• Atelier Martino&Jaña (Non-verbal Club)Graphic DesignerJune 2008 – August 2014
• Inspo Finds 2018• Graphis Design Annual 2017• Slanted Magazine N.º 27• Typography 31, Type Directors Club 2010• Turning Pages, Gestalten 2010• Colourless, Victionary 2017• Vintage Modern – Design with a Past, Sandu Publishing 2017• Stop, Think, Go, Do: How Typography and Graphic Design Influence Behavior,Rockport Publishers 2012
• European Design Awards 2017 — BronzePaper label collection by Avery Dennison USA D&AD 2017 — Wood PencilPaper label collection by Avery Dennison USA• 5ª Bienal Iberoamericana de Diseño 2016 — Diseño para (por y con) la CulturaVisual Identity of Porto City Theatre (Teatro Municipal do Porto)• Graphis 2016 — GoldVisual Identity of Porto City Theatre (Teatro Municipal do Porto) (White Studio)• Type Directors Club 2010 — TDC56 Award Certificate of Typographic ExcellenceGuimarães Jazz 2009 Programme (Atelier Martino&Jaña)
• It's Nice That• Behance• Behance Graphic Design• PosterReposter• The Design Blacklist• Editorial Grid• Lovably• Typeroom• The Inspiration Grid• Brand New / Under Consideration• Fonts In Use (Staff Pick)• Graphic Exchange• Best Portuguese Book Designs
Website Designed with Laytheme.La Nord Typeface was kindly provided by Raoul Gottschling.